Another One in the Passing | Teen Ink

Another One in the Passing

September 23, 2012
By lillian_harper GOLD, Theodore, Alabama
lillian_harper GOLD, Theodore, Alabama
14 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe


When you think of me, I want you to remember the girl who laughed and smiled at everything you said, not the girl who cringes at the memory of you and what will never be. I want you to remember the girl who was the first thing you thought about every morning, not the girl who was just another one in the passing. When you laughed, my whole world lit up, not just the sky. When you smiled, I felt the world stop. And when you said you loved me, I knew I was where I belonged; there, in your arms.
So why did you have to change things? Now, you've moved on and I'm left hurting, wondering what I did wrong.
Hand in hand, we walked. Now, we're torn apart. I miss the days we were young; when everything was simple, not this twisted, black hole Fate has thrown us. I keep falling down, down, down. Will it ever end?!?!
The moment I can breathe, I'll realize no matter how many times you come back and say you'll stay, you will always leave.