Serenity | Teen Ink

Serenity

By Hizoku BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Hizoku BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

"The Problem With Quotes From The Internet Is It Is Hard To Verify Their Authenticity"-- Abraham Lincoln

My mind is racing with thoughts. Memories flood the crevaces of my soul. I am overwhelmed by images forming in the back of my head. My heart bleeds out indescribable emotions. So much has happened. So much is yet to come. So much to take in, so much to let go. The stars above me glow faintly around a silver moon. Soft clouds float by on a cool night breeze. I close my eyes. The birds have taken shelter for the night, and the crickets have begun their symphony. The wind caresses my skin and runs its fingers through my hair. I take in a breath. So much to take in.. My body welcomes the cool air. I let it out, and with it, I let out the losses, the missing pieces in my life. So much to let go... The images in my mind are replaced with the soft clouds, the glowing stars, and the silver moon. My memories are carried off with the midnight breeze. The emotions which both haunt and comfort me are ridded from my cavity with the hot tears that pour down my cold cheeks. I'm broken, but I smile. I'm hurt, but I'm happy. I'm overwhelmed, but at this moment, it is only with a sense of serenity.