My Trip to Costa Rica | Teen Ink

My Trip to Costa Rica

August 26, 2012
By kisspandas BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
kisspandas BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Living to see another day."


March 24, 2012, Saturday
I had to get up at 3:45am. I really loved getting up that early! I didn’t even bother putting on makeup. After I arrived at Pittsburgh International Airport 7 minutes early; the teacher who was going to take us didn’t show. Well she was sent to the hospital. Causes are still unknown. My friend Chris and his father were also joining me on our trip to Costa Rica. Well they decided to the airport at 5:30am which is an hour later then the time that Senora told us. I really had a great time doing absolutely nothing! Finally I spotted them and we grouped together. I hugged my daddy goodbye. We then checked our suitcases, but Chris didn’t. After we printed our boarding passes we headed over to security, surprisingly I didn’t set off the metal detector. Yay I got out of a full body pat down. Those are always fun! We headed towards our gate, B37 to Philadelphia. We sat down. The cold cheap blue leather seat sent goose bumps through my entire body. Within 10 minutes to board we quickly grabbed a bite at McDonalds, but knowing me I passed. I just ordered an ice coffee which I only drank about half of it before throwing it away in the silver round trash can. We boarded the plane to Philadelphia; of course our seats were in the very back of the plane. My seat 19C and Chris’s seat was 19B.

It is 7:42am and we are waiting to take off. The pilot just announced that the runway is busy so we will be “on the ground” for 15 to 20 minutes. Yay, that means that I get to be on this plane with these sneezing, coughing, loud, annoying people even more! What fun! Who knows by the time we get to Philly we will be so close! I’ll even invite them all over. We’ll throw some steaks on the grill. Have a few drinks and laughs together, as if we were best friends! Oh goodie! Yeah right!

Looks like it finally stopped raining. I am glad that I am not one of those people who have to guide the pilots on to the runway and hold those orange cone shaped sticks, waving them around while looking like an idiot! “Ha-ha.”

“Ewe,” There are all these people coughing. Thank goodness that they are sitting towards that front of the plane. Yeah keep those nasty germs away. The pilot just announced that we will get to take off a bit early; he turned on the engines. Well he announced that he did. A bit strange there, so we should be getting ready to get on the runway and takeoff. The seatbelt signal turned on. “click.” Yay, I am so excited! I actually can’t believe that I am going to Costa Rica! My English teacher, Rachel went last year and told me that I was going to have a blast! I’ll have to make sure that I don’t forget to get gifts for some of the teachers and my friends and family as well. We have taken off with a bit of turbulence. Now all there is left to do is waiting until we arrive at Philly.

I fell asleep on the way to Philly. Their airport is huge! We literally walked really fast to our gate which was on the other side of the airport. Chris and I quickly went to a news stand and got some snacks for the plane. When we arrived back at the gate they announced that our zone could board the plane. We just made it. So right now we are on the plane waiting for it to take off. This plane is packed! There was a group of students around our age that boarded. I wonder if they are the group of kids that we will be joining up with.


The author's comments:
Still being typed up