Never Give Up | Teen Ink

Never Give Up

By mstoopretty12 BRONZE, Memphis, Tennessee
mstoopretty12 BRONZE, Memphis, Tennessee

if believe in yourself, other will too

As I sit back and think of everything I been through I just start to cry, because I been through a lot. Here’s my story……. November of 2010 my life changed forever. I got diagnose with lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), and asthmas. Let’s start from the beginning, all my life I was been playing sports basketball, and running track. I was always the starting the point guard. I was always the fastest on the team. November 13, 2010, I was 15 years old when I got sick, I was bleeding, very weak, fatigued, light headed, blood pressure was very low. Mom rushed me to the hospital before I knew it the doctors and nurses were rushing me to surgery. That’s when I found out that my platelets were less than 1 percent. They had to put tubes all in me .I had to get plasma. I was in the hospital for 3 months; I had blood clots in both of my lungs and 1 big one in my heart.at this point I was ready to give up because I didn’t want no one talking about me or judging me. November 2011,I had a relapse with my illness , now I have to use a wheel chair some days because I am so weak and can’t feel my legs. Now 2012 I am in remission and I couldn’t have done it without my father above, and family. I’m telling my story because I don’t want anyone to think their alone in this world or have to deal with things on their own or those that think the only one that’s gone through things. Let’s all work together and encourage each other not to give up. To the one that’s not going through things, don’t take life for granted, don’t judge people because they’re in a wheelchair or they can’t do the things you’re doing because your life can change over night.

i wonted to let people know, dont take life for granted, because your life can change over night.