the day my life got turned around | Teen Ink

the day my life got turned around

August 9, 2012
By Anonymous

let's just say this if you like to do something or love playing any sports, don't let any one come between that.
It all started when I was about 16 I was home all alone no one in the house to talk to or have a short conversation with. So of course,I had fallen asleep. Then like an hour later, BOOM my parents pull up and walk into the front room. mom walks over to wake me up
"hey will you go and do the dishes" she had said to me
"yea I guess" I said in a mumble
so i had gotten up and started to walk towards the kitchen. Had no idea my right leg was asleep so I took two steps and it hit me I had fallen straight to the floor screaming,crying, and tears just fallen right out my eyes the pain in my knee.
I of course tried getting back up to stand up, but yet again I fell right back down to the ground. It was the worst feeling any one could get,especially when your just a young teen. Then when we found out I couldn't stand up my parents had gotten the car ready and off to the hospital we went. Well first we had to stop by the baseball field to pick my little brother up. Right there, I had started to scream so loud that everyone at the baseball game could hear me. Then we went rushing to the hospital.
Siting in the waiting room for almost an hour. WOW now that was even more painful. Finally they had called me back. Got x-rays done on my right knee. YAY time to go and wait for my results. Doctor had came in to the room they had putten me in, I could tell that it wasn't going to be good news. So I'm sitting there crying.
Doctor says "sorry but you have sprained your knee"
I just started to ball like a little baby when they are really tired. He had told me I wouldn't be able to run on it cause I could then easily brake my knee all the way. See what happened was that i pushed my bone on the top of my knee all the way back almost pushed it through my skin. Ouch that would've hurt.
Today I am just still a young well now adult I'm 18 and still have problems with my knee but, I can play basketball and anything that involves running. All up until my knee starts to mess up and bending on its own.
So just cause a doctor tells you that you wouldn't be able to play sports or run anymore. Don't listen ti them cause if you put your mind to it, then you will be able to do that thing you love again.


The author's comments:
THE TIME I HAD SPRAINED MY RIGHT KNEE