What is your favorite season? Why? | Teen Ink

What is your favorite season? Why?

By 9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia
9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into a sewer hole and die."

Many people have different favorite seasons with different reasons to back their season up. All seasons are special in various ways. My favorite season is autumn.

Autumn is very similar to spring, except for that a constant breeze comes blowing by, and smooth you calmly. The leaves start to turn bright red, pumpkin orange, and some even start to fall! I can see the birds migrating in big groups, across the blue sky, and in autumn, farmer’s seeds grow mature into food for us to eat. It isn’t hot or cold.

There are many things my friends and I can do: we can go run in the park and hang out, and most of all, we have two cool holidays: one is Halloween, where I receive sweet chocolate candy, lollipops, Kit-Kats and gobble them all up. There is also Thanksgiving, where we get to eat turkeys and carve meat and have a magnificent feast. I can just imagine the yummy food, the wonderful tantalizing smell of the dinner on the plates, my family sitting beside the table, talking and laughing. Although my birthday is far from autumn, these wonderful holidays cover the flaws up.

Fall is a great season with so many amazing events to do and that is why I like it so much. I am excited whenever fall is close to come. If I could, I’d make the whole year fall!