It was | Teen Ink

It was

June 7, 2012
By Anonymous

I wasn’t looking for anything specific, but like sometimes they say, when you aren’t looking for something, it finds you.

He was calling me; out of know where, so I answered. He asked me the bus number to Huntington from Pentagon. I was kind of confused out why he would ask me that. What number was he even calling from? The area was 212. He was calling from a New York number. Was he here? Here in Virginia? Was it really possible? I couldn’t think so I gave him the number. Why I did that, I thought to myself.

I was really confused, and I didn’t know what to do. My instinct was to hide. I didn’t want him to find me. I didn’t want him to know where I lived, I just didn’t.

An hour later, I heard a knock at the door. Was it him? It couldn’t be. I looked outside my window, it was him. I freaked out to the fact that the first person that was out there was my dad and the worst part was that my sister opened the door.

She hugged him with such joy and then called my mom. She also hugged him. I couldn’t believe what my eyes were seeing. I got scared. He was in my house. He came in and said hi to my uncle. I thought it was awkward so I left to where my dad was, but then decided to go into the basement.

I sat there watching TV trying to ease me breath, I was almost hyperventilating when I heard my mom come down the stairs saying “you can live here meanwhile.” When he stepped foot in the basement, our eyes met. I said hi, not to be rude but it was an awkward hi. We hugged and I’m not going to lie, that hug felt so good. I had missed it so much, but I was still surprised. It all happened so unexpectedly. I lied to him and told him I had to go. I couldn’t bare stay here because who knows what I could have done. I could have kissed him. He was my ex, so I knew I would have regretted it, so I had to trust my brain. I walked out the door and looked back. It was all

A beautiful nightmare…