For Those of Us That Love Eternally | Teen Ink

For Those of Us That Love Eternally

By Ivvilynn BRONZE, LiIttleton, Colorado
Ivvilynn BRONZE, LiIttleton, Colorado

We’re all a little weird. And life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in to mutual weirdness and call it love.

You’re gorgeous. You’re tall, you’re blond, and you haven’t got a single blemish on your skin. Unfortunately, you don’t seem to think that. You don’t realize that you’re strong and smart, if not independent. I get you (most of the time), and it’s like we’re sisters. Most of the time, we’re laughing, joking, sharing secrets, creating memories, and all that cheesy crap. But, I freakin’ love that stuff. I like being a dork with you, and I love it when we look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking. I know you get down sometimes. You think that you’re not good enough. That you need someone else to complete you. It’s not true, you silly goose. When you find him, he’ll have to go through me. And he had better be perfect for you. I’m not going to let you settle for any less. I just want you to be happy. You’re at your best when you’re beaming, bursting with joyous energy. Sometimes, I feel like I know everything about you. That I know you, and who you really are. Other times, I feel like I know nothing. That you’re mysterious and withdrawn, a complete and utter enigma. I know you don’t think you’re good enough; pretty enough. Likeable enough. And that’s what drives me crazy. When you think of yourself so demeaningly. I love you. You’re precious to lots of people. Just try to remember that. That’s all I’m asking.

I love you, I swear it. I know that sometimes it's not enough, but you mean a lot to me. You're the twin sister I never had. But you knew that already, huh?

Ivvilynn BRONZE, LiIttleton, Colorado

Thank you!

MumblingMelanie DIAMOND, Jackson, Missouri

Don't be a victim; be a titan.

This is wonderful! I assume it's directed towards a certain person, but all teen girls with low self-esteem (like myself, so I know for sure) will feel better after reading this. Thank you :)

Ivvilynn BRONZE, LiIttleton, Colorado

Awww!! 

=((

foreverlove21 BRONZE, Plano, Texas

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind."

i miss you two so much.