I Am Unique | Teen Ink

I Am Unique

By CassieH BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
CassieH BRONZE, Spokane, Washington

Who am I? Who am I to myself, to friends, family? A difficult question to answer. I could be a thousand different people depending on who I'm with.

I love the color blue, Nickelback (even though no one gets why), dancing, summer, anything that makes me feel like a kid again. I used to be very timid, but now I am more outgoing. I hate making mistakes or anything that is dirty. People always tell me I'm weird. I like it that way. Growing up is overrated and stressful. Life is complicated, just like I am. Those are just the basics to me I am so much more.

I am an only child to my wonderful parents. A granddaughter, cousin, niece, friend, and girlfriend. I have learned so much from all of the people in my life and I am a small piece of each of them. My Grandpa always said, "I'm not weird, I'm unique,” so am I. Common sense from my mom. My looks from my dad. My friends taught me to listen and be there for others in need, but to also have fun. To one friend, I am her mom. Being a girlfriend taught me to love someone and think of them before yourself.

I am many people put together to create me. No one is the same or perfect. We are human, we are constantly changing. If you really want to know me, know my life. You would have to be me. I say we learn something new every day, and that's how it will be forever.