Community Service Essay | Teen Ink

Community Service Essay

I volunteer myself in my community to help whoever is in need. Community service helps me feel achieved and also gives me a chance to go out and meet other people. I get to be out in an environment with other caring people to help serve the community.

Since the seventh grade I have volunteered to help coach peewee football and help run the concession stand. Educating these children of a sport I love to play brings me much joy even though it’s hard to manage my time with varsity football and homework. All the time crunching is worth it when I see the children’s smile at the end of the day.

I also do yard work for the elderly in need of help. In my fathers line of work, he meets many people, and through him I can identify those who need my help. Many people cannot get around or have enough energy to mow their yard. I do it because I can truly see that they appreciate what I am doing for them, and to show that there are people in our community that still care for others.

Being part of my community means a lot to me. I will continue to coach and help the elderly whenever I can. Next season I will look into becoming a referee to help the whole organization. I hope to impact even more lives by continuing to offer my services.