What family member has inspired me most and why? | Teen Ink

What family member has inspired me most and why?

March 24, 2012
By Anonymous

There is one person in my life by far stands alone making the biggest impact on my life. That one person is my mother. I believe that my mother has made the biggest impact in my life because she was always there for me. She was there for injuries, sports games, carpools, rides to school, last-minute project help, cheering me up after a fight with my brother, and I am glad to have a mother like her.
My mother is never lazy or selfish when it comes to my brother or me. If she is coming home from work and we needed something from Staples or food from a restaurant, my mother wound not even hesitate to do it. I almost feel bad because I have taken almost all of her kindness for granted. Without her kindness, it would have been a lot worse in losses in tennis matches or soccer games. She would always be there to cheer me up if we were in a bad mood or sad. If my brother or I ever needed a ride somewhere and she was going somewhere else, she put him or me in front of herself just to make us happy. Another example was if I needed something baked for the next day or a material at 9pm, she would be out the door before I could get another material glued.
Still today, I am so grateful to have a mother as amazing as her in my life. She has taught almost all of the life lessons I know. It’s for people like her that things get done in the world. She does things when you ask her, but she’s not a pushover. She always has a great attitude and a great work ethic. I have no idea what I would do without my mom realizing how much of an impact on me. I would not be the person I am today. I thank my mom everyday for what she does.