Thoughts of the Extraordinarily Average Teenage Girl. | Teen Ink

Thoughts of the Extraordinarily Average Teenage Girl.

By musicalfailure BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
musicalfailure BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

Most girls my age complain about everything that they don’t have, but they still want. They say things about their looks or personalities (which are both completely average, and never bad) as well as lying about these things. When I say lying I mean wearing to much make up even though they are beautiful, or saying their ugly just to be called pretty. Sometimes they really think these things about themselves. The girls who do feel bad about themselves are being put in last priority by the pretty girls who just want some attention. Do you think that is the way that things should be?

I actually don’t like nearly everything about myself. I don’t like the way I look, or the way that I act. I could make a list of all of those things but I would never finish the list, because I would just keep on finding more things about myself to hate. I have thought about telling the people close to me all about my self- hatred, but they evidently are the hardest people to tell.

When you tell somebody close to you the things that you really feel you run the risk of them not caring about what you are saying. This is really the only reason I haven’t told anyone until now. I know that this may seem cowardly, or dumb, but it makes perfect sense in my mind. What it means to me is really that someone that knows your deepest darkest feelings, the ones that you don’t share anyone, can now share them with whoever they want without thinking about what it is that they are sharing.

I know what it’s like to have people be so mean to you that you just want to die. I know that when somebody really hurts you, you can’t just shake it off. I have been called names; I have been emotionally hurt because of some really mean girls. But I want you to know some things that have helped me through. Don’t let these things get to you; if you don’t let them hurt youron’t. You shouldn’t ever feel like anyone is ever better than you, because if they’re being mean, then they are not worth your time. Just remember these things, and maybe, you can become stronger.

I can probably tell what you’re thinking at this point in my article. You’re probably thinking something along the lines of “She is such a whiner!” or “Where is this going?” I will only make you suffer through a little bit more, so please, bear with me. I’m not writing this so that I can tell you about how much I hate who I am; I’m writing this so that you don’t end up having the same feelings that I do. I don’t want anybody to have to feel like they are worthless or that they don’t matter. I don’t want anybody to want to just curl up and die because of a bad day. I’d like to leave you with these messages: When you don’t like yourself don’t keep it to yourself, it can only make things worse. Don’t let others make you feel bad; if they are making fun of you, you’re already so much better than them. Finally, don’t change who you are immediately; somebody else will always love you just the way you are.