More Than You Know | Teen Ink

More Than You Know

February 19, 2012
By Tiff-the-Dreamer PLATINUM, Swords Creek, Virginia
Tiff-the-Dreamer PLATINUM, Swords Creek, Virginia
21 articles 0 photos 2 comments

If you see my short spiky hair and watch me head banging with my ear buds in, you may think I'm a wild girl doomed for failure. If you look at my grades, observe my bookworm behavior, or hear my constant use of the words, sir, ma'am, and thank you, you might think I'm a smart well-mannered young lady with a bright future.

You can't label a person simply from a few actions. It's impossible. My straight A's don't make me an angel, and head banging to my favorite song doesn't make me evil. You can't know what matters to someone, or who they are by seeing so little, and it's pointless to try.

Everyone has a style, hobby, something their good at, but it doesn't define them.

So the next time you want to label someone, DON'T. Try talking, and getting to know them better. And after you've spent a lot of time with them, and have a good idea of what type of human being they are, still don't label them. There is way more to that person than you will ever know.


The author's comments:
Where I live its a hard fact that people judge you way to much. It drives me crazy, especially when I catch myself doing it. If it's me, my family, friends, or whoever, judging others is wrong.