When You Finally Let Go Of The Past, Something Better Comes Along | Teen Ink

When You Finally Let Go Of The Past, Something Better Comes Along

By Nour.Farid BRONZE, Cairo, Other
Nour.Farid BRONZE, Cairo, Other

Have you ever felt that you should let go, move on and just live your life?
Well, it is one tough decision to make…but at some point you will realize that it is enough, enough taking it all inside and just stop talking, stop saying what you really feel towards some people who annoy you, just because they are sure that you can't let go of them, you cant stand and say "I'm done knowing you!"…
The concept of letting go is a part of one’s growth process. It means to leave the things the way they are, the things that can’t be changed and move forward.

Here's a piece of advice, let go when you're hurting too much, give up when love isn't enough, and move on when things aren't like before. Surely there is someone out there who will love you more….However I was mature enough to do so.

Everyone has their own friendship stories to tell, including me. I guess, almost everyone has their own ups and downs in friendship; relationships in general must have their own obstacles, hang-ups and challenges in order to make them pure and strong. Just like gold refined, all of us have to go through fire in order to be purified – the metaphor applies for friendships as well…
I had amazing friends, oh sorry correction: "A bunch of kids"! They are nothing compared to 'Amazing'...
Well, I thought that I know them very well, that we are actually true friends…but situations change and people change as well…
We were all together in the same school; and school to us was more likely to be our second home. We shared our secrets and opened our hearts to each other; it was an awesome feeling that you have people to stand by your side, to be your BFFS.
It has been almost six years since we knew each other, we were like 'Leading' the school, Kids and younger grades cherished our bond and wished that someday they can have our days, all the teachers kept talking about our class even knew us by names and nicknames. How perfect!
But, perfection couldn't last, I had to travel abroad to complete my studying in another country, my mother thought was for the best and I might get a perfect chance at college but she never thought of how I felt or how desperate I could be; at the beginning things were good , yea I had many troubles trying to settle in but it became kinda well and I told myself that I have best friends beside me and I'm gonna be just perfect , but nothing could stay normal, there must be rocks in the road to get what you want, and as I said "Perfection couldn't last!" things turned 180 degrees into miserable; Problems happened and I wasn't responsible for almost all of them, but they didn't even talk to me about it, instead, they just said that they don’t trust me anymore! Yea exactly what you just read! They. Don’t. Trust. Me. Anymore. But why?!
Friends should stand up for one another; real friendships would lie down their lives for you, True friends should be there for you through thick and thin; even though the tough is really tough, they should stubbornly stay with you and support you…sometimes at the cost of their own lives. Then it was either me or them that mainly understood the concept of “Friendship” all wrong. I don't know these people as I thought I did…they should've asked me or even talked to me. But they just ignored me and believed everything they heard only because I was out of sight; out of reach I couldn’t manage things with them face to face…so full of misery, and most of all, disappointment. but then I started thinking, what am I doing to myself? They doesn't deserve a single tear from my eyes, they gave up on me from the first fight, why should I even fight for people who don't believe in me, who don't love me for me?!
I started thinking 'how do I let go of this awful friendship'? It sounded so easy to write it here, yet, it was more difficult to break the bond that is already shattered. I’ve already felt so familiar with my friends and to part with our friendship would mean I will be alone.
In fact, there are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. "C'est La Vie!"
So, I started detaching myself away from them slowly without any fights or problems, hoping that when we meet in the future we will look to each other and smile, not turn our faces and walk away. I left them without any grief because I know I'm better off without them. I started seeing other friends whom I've neglected, began to get my own life, keeping myself out of my comfort zone. It was difficult; I hate the fact that I have to leave. But if I don't, I'll never will. It's time to move on. I have to move on. But with perseverance I began to like my newly found confidence and independence.

Days passed by and I came back in town, at first I felt lonely and annoyed but then life turned to be quite perfect; I managed to find my true soul mate sister, she is like my reflection, my twin and my best friend. I knew her before, during the exams before I moved away, we kind of chit -chatted on the internet or phone about common stuff between us and I felt that I was myself with her like she is really my sister, but on the other hand they hated her like I did with many people, influencing me in an indirect way forcing me to hate people just because they did, but actually when I gave myself the chance to know her, I found out that I have never had friends before, that true friendship literally exists. By the time, I got to know her, I felt happy with her like she is one of my family, even better she is my "Sister". We hung out and had fun together I started to get the feeling that I didn't know people before, that this was my life now, my fresh start began from where I met her; later she introduced me to her friends and I really liked them they are fun to be around, like really amazing friends. I found people who just love me for me and could fight for me till death! Sometimes letting go provides you with an opportunity to gain something better…and thank god it did.

As I started to picture the trees in the storm, the answer began to dawn on me. The trees in the storm don't try to stand up straight and tall and erect. They allow themselves to bounce and be blown with the wind. They understand the power of letting go. Those trees and those branches that try too hard to stand up strong and straight are the ones that break. Now is not the time for you to be strong, or you, too, will break.
There are things that we don't want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind, but remember one thing "Letting go is not the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new life, a fresh start calling for you"

I've learned that in life, it doesnt matter if you have alot of friends or to be the best instead all what matters is who comes into your life and never leave you, no matter what happens.