Florida(: | Teen Ink

Florida(:

February 3, 2012
By aa.peachybeans BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
aa.peachybeans BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Florida is my favorite place to be in the summer. My family travels to Orlando, Florida ever year for vacation. The moment I step off the heavily air conditioned airplane, a rush of warm Florida air surrounds me. This feeling makes me anxious for the fun filled week ahead of me.

Florida has gorgeous scenery filled with palm trees, pools, and luxurious hotels. The sight of the luminous sun reflecting off of the cool blue water makes me want to jump in the refreshing pool. At night, the bright and colorful fireworks fill the dark sky.

The flip-flop of people walking by, the splish-splash of kids playing in the water; these are the sounds of Florida. At restaurants, you can hear the slurping of kids trying to drink the last drop of their tropical smoothies.

Florida air smells like the salty beach. The fresh atmosphere follows you wherever you are. As you wait for your food to be delivered, the scent of your juicy cheeseburger becomes closer every minute.

When you bite down into your steaming hot burger, your taste buds go wild. The crisp pile of french fries on your plate is staring at you.

Florida’s beaches are like paradise. The soft, white sand soothes my aching feet. The refreshing water splashes against my tanned skin. The fluffy hotel bed put me right to sleep after a long day of fun.

Florida is the place where I can just let go and have fun. I love traveling to paradise every year!













By: Sarah Sawlaw