A Fear? | Teen Ink

A Fear?

January 17, 2012
By rozie2 BRONZE, Wyoming, Michigan
rozie2 BRONZE, Wyoming, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you have a fear? For some of you people who say you’re fearless that’s bullshit. Everyone has a fear. I mean everyone. Some of them maybe mental, or physical fears. When you are afraid you tend to get all jittery and a little jumpy. I mean fear is probably the one thing that all people can relate on. My fears are sometimes very common and some of them are sometimes super ridiculous. A lot like how we had to read that stupid Hobbit book for English. So when you say your fearless look yourself in the mirror and really look hard to find out who you really are.

When I was little I had a ton of fears that, would you know basically scare the living crap out of me. I mean some of them were pretty basic and then some where complete idiotic and super babyish. My first fear that ever came into my mind and was trapped in my cranium was fire alarms. It was really bad, I mean so bad that I would scream and act like the world was crashing down on me. During school we would have to do fire drills twice a year, and the only way not to avoid a natural catastrophe was to give me a pair of headphones. The ones that so called blocked out noise so you couldn’t hear anything. I looked like a kid with some type of disorder and I hated it. I absolutely hated it so much. Next, one fear that I absolutely hated was the fear of the deep end. I always had this fear that I was going to drown; huh I guess too many Jaws movies. I was always getting picked on as a kid because of this. My parents didn’t understand it because at our cottage I was fine in the deep of a lake it’s just the swimming pools that got me flipping out like a psycho on crack. I was named the chicken and wuss. But I guarantee any of those guys want to come see me now they will find themselves being the ones drowning in the deep end I guarantee that I will not be afraid of a fricken deep end anymore. So those were my two child years fears, I hope you got a laugh or too because I was definitely trying hard to make you get a little grin or a chuckle. Because you know I’m sitting here laughing at myself and how I was so afraid of the stupidest stuff.

My fears have definitely changed from now and that I have begun to start to worry about the stuff that is actually important you know not any fire alarms or deep ends. My first big fear that I have now is that I am afraid that the right girl in my opinion won’t be the right girl for God’s plan. I don’t want to always have hook ups with girls. I want to settle down and find a girl that I right for the rest of my life, not just for a couple of hours. I want this girl to be beautiful… Not on the outside (well that could help) but on the inside because that’s all that matters. It doesn’t matter if she has humongous breast or a nice ass. It matters if her heart is there for you and that it is filled with that four letter word that I have definitely used too many times in my life. That is my first fear.

My second fear is that I will not be able to continue my athletic career and that I won’t make it big time. You may just say that I am a kid, but soon it will be time to fill out college applications or you know sign that letter of intent to a big school either way I have to really work to overcome my fear. I don’t want to waste this entire time sitting here waiting for something to happen, I have to go and achieve the one common goal that I had from the day I was born. Go Pro! That’s all I ever wanted to do. I want to wake up and love my job and play it every day with a smile on my face.

My last fear is that I will die unsatisfied with my life. I fear that I will not be able to make it anywhere. Or that I won’t have hit everything on my bucket list. This has a resolution of living my life to the fullest and not giving a crap about what others think about me. Simple as that.

So those were my fears that I have been given in my life so far. I hope you were able to relate to them and get a sense of what scared me when I was a kid and well to this day. I hope you realize that fears will change and that you will be able to overcome them with a lot of hard work and a good resolution


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece to describe the fears that are from my past as well as my current fears.