With You

It was once upon a time that I had been deceived by a boy with the pretense of a lover. For quite some time, I had believed he would be the one to assemble the mound of puzzle pieces that seemed to form my dismal heart. Little did I know that he would rip away the happiness that he had once shown me the threshold of.

I was on the brink of insanity. Discouraged and alone, I ventured throughout this cold, unforgiving world for days upon days. I was disinclined to listen to any advice my friends were willing to give me, only trying to cry away the pain each and every night.

That seems so long ago now. With you, nothing is the same. You’ve captured my heart like no other, but my only fear is that you drop it and watch as it shatters, the same way they all have.

I thought that boys - no, men - like you were inconceivable, and wishing for one was unreasonable. But here you are, standing before me each and every day, and I confide in you. I trust you with even the faulty and inadequate side of me; something I have never trusted anyone with. You may ask why, but the answer is simple: I see hidden potential between us. In my dreams, I see our blissful future, and that is something that I have never experienced.