Marcus and I | Teen Ink

Marcus and I

By Moogi12 BRONZE, Danville, Vermont
Moogi12 BRONZE, Danville, Vermont

When I was nine years old my sister was pregnant. I never wanted the baby to be the center of attention. I wanted to be the center of attention. A month before my birthday the baby was born. He was named Marcus.

When he was born I was upset because he was the youngest, not me. When everyone showed up for my birthday they went straight to Marcus and my sister Alyssa before even saying hello to me or happy birthday. It made me very angry.

When Marcus got older I saw that everyone was happier. My mom, dad and even my sisters. Marcus was pulling my family back together. My mom and dad moved back into the same house together. After a while I thought about it and Marcus wasn’t an addition to the family. He completed the family. Sometimes I forget about him being my nephew and I feel like he’s my brother.

I’m so glad Marcus was born. Now I have memories with him so that when he gets older I can tell him about how he made our family a real family again.

To this day Marcus and I do everything together. I give him bathes, we go sledding together, we play around the house and laugh and sing.
Marcus was an adorable angel sent down from heaven to our family to make everything better.

I changed my mind about this beautiful baby after I realized I have to grow up he's the baby now.