Lhasa Apsos | Teen Ink

Lhasa Apsos

January 5, 2012
By phillipae BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
phillipae BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Many people know what Lhasa apsos are because of their scratchy high pitched bark. What they don’t know is that they use their bark to get what they want by annoying the crap out of you. They were even breed to annoy Buddhist monks awake when an intruder came to their temples hundreds of years ago. A great example of this is that as I type this my dog Charlie, a Lhasa apso, jumped on my lap and won’t stop barking until I pet him. It’s almost like an on off switch and the only way to turn him off is to keep petting him.

Right now many people are probably thinking “These dogs are pretty smart to get what they want when they want it.” But these dogs are honestly the dumbest dogs I’ve ever seen in my life. I have heard and witnessed stories from countless people that they will starve themselves for a couple days if they don’t like their food and they get very hyper and run into chairs and walls head first. Not to mention they also have a tendency to get the weirdest conditions a dog could get.

My mum had a dog that had a red growth next to his pupil on his eye. Charlie, my dog, recently got over anxiety which he gets after he gets groomed because he feels naked. I don’t know how this associates with anxiety but he would stay behind a toilet 24/7. He also shook like a massage chair when he sat in some ones lap and would only go anywhere if someone accompanied him.

So overall, Lhasa apsos are small scratchy sounding smoke alarms that go on and on until you give them a belly rub. They are idiots that hurt themselves with their hard heads, and love to get conditions that you sometimes can’t pronounce. Even though this all makes them sound like a dog you would hate their strongest weapon is one that all dogs use, the puppy face. When they like straight at you with sad, pitiful eyes you can’t help to but at least give them a quick little pet. Lhasa apsos are annoying but I'm sadly not allowed to push off my lap without mummy scolding me.

The author's comments:
inspired by the fact i watched charlie run into a wall before this.