Paranormal Activities? | Teen Ink

Paranormal Activities?

As books and movies about vampires, werewolves, and ghosts appear more and more popular, I began asking more about the truth possibly behind these tales. While I do not believe that tales of vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches, etc. are real, I do believe in ghosts. For the clueless out there, ghosts are supposedly people who died that still walk the earth today, looking for revenge, trying to finish any business they might have with the living, etc. Ghosts are rumored to be able to move objects in the living world, connect with still-living relatives or friends, and in some cases, possess people.

For some reason, only the idea of ghosts seems plausible to me. Because I don’t really believe in heaven or hell, I kind of would need somewhere for our spirits to go, instead of just dying. I think I decided that there must be somewhere for spirits to go besides before mentioned when I was about 7. My dog died that year, and sometimes for the next two years, I would find myself suddenly feeling her fur, or her licking my face at the most stressful times an almost 8 year old could have. I guess I just believed from then on.

Anyway, the main point of this article for me was seeing if any other teens had the same or different opinions on life, death, heaven and hell, etc. If you have a comment, please post below, and do not be afraid to downright hate on my beliefs and ideas. ?