Things Happen, and People Change

They say people change, but how true is that statement? I knew a woman. Or at least I thought I did. I remember it all like it was yesterday. The first one to love me, and the first person I saw when I first opened my eyes. She's been there since the beginning, but who is she really?
I don't think this is the same person I grew up with. The plump, pretty lips that used to form a big white smile now holds a frown, and those big eyes that used to hold shining hazel pupils are now angry, and dark. The soft voice that used to sing sweet songs now yells and screams, ringing your eardrums. The hands that hugged and wiped my tears, now push and shove. So, who is this person? I don't think ill ever know. So yeah, people really do change. But that doesn't mean I will. People change for the worse, but I'll continue to change for the better. In a while I'll be able to move on and let go, forgetting the past and only focusing on the future that awaits me. All the tears and scars won't matter anymore, neither will the heart that's been shattered into pieces. All that will matter is myself, and the person I've grown to know and be proud of.

sany.lastflame said...
This is really great and sad at the same time. Has some really good points. Overall, it liked it a lot!

salmaroxursocks replied...
Thank you!