Beautiful Smile | Teen Ink

Beautiful Smile

By BrightestDay BRONZE, Auburn, New York
BrightestDay BRONZE, Auburn, New York

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

It was a Saturday afternoon around one o’clock. I just got out of the shower and went to look at my phone to see if she texted me. She did. She said I could come and get her when I was ready. I hurried up and shaved, brushed my teeth and all that other stuff you do before you go on a date. This isn’t just any date though. It was out first date. We have been talking to each other for a while already, but this was our first real date. I was really excited. I finished everything I needed to do, grabbed my keys and went out to the car to go pick her up. Her name is Annie. She’s really fun and I love being around her.

When I got there I got out and went to the door. She came out wearing this really beautiful dress. She looked amazing. I went and opened the car door for her and she smiled at me and then I smiled. She has got such a beautiful smile. We were going to Skaneateles to spend a couple hours there. When we got there I asked her if she was hungry and she said no, but I had forgotten to eat breakfast so I told her I needed to get something to eat. She just laughed at me and said she wouldn’t mind a milkshake.

We went to this burger joint. I forgot what it was called, but it wasn’t bad. I ordered this really big burger and a milkshake and she just ordered a milkshake. I felt kind of awkward because she was watching me eat and I'm not exactly a neat eater. We were talking the entire time and she kept laughing when I put my hand in front of my mouth so I could chew and talk at the same time. She has a really cute laugh. After I was done making a fool of myself while eating we went down to the park. We started walking up the pier thing and about halfway from the end she grabbed my hand. I could feel myself blushing and I was hoping my red complexion would hide it. We got down to the end and then walked back and sat in the park at the edge of the lake for a while talking. While we were sitting a couple of old people kept looking at us and smiling. I could only imagine what they were thinking.

We went back to my house after the park so we could watch a movie or two. It was a chick flick and I ended up falling asleep, but I remember waking up and finding her asleep against my arm. I didn’t want to wake her up, but I had to get her home soon. So I woke her up and took her home. When we got there we just sat in the car for a couple minutes talking a little more. I finally got out and walked her to her door. She held my hand again when she said good-bye, but when she turned around to go inside I stopped her and kissed her. I was really nervous, but she didn’t back away. That eased some tension. She looked away after that, then looked back, smiled and told me to text her when I get home.

This is about my first date with my current girlfriend.