Three Things | Teen Ink

Three Things

By Tanya12 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
Tanya12 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

My name is Tanya. I’m in the 12th grade. I was born in Detroit, Mi. I love to dance and hang out with my family and friends. The three objects that represent me are my old dance shoes, bible, and a picture of my family.

My dance shoes represent my passion. When it comes to dance, I always try to push myself to the limit. It’s always a new technique I want to learn or copycats I want to make. The goal I want to reach is to make a college band/dance team. I know this being my senior year I don’t have a lot of time and I need to work hard, but I am prepared.

My bible represents my faith. Without my faith I wouldn’t be able to keep moving forward. Sometimes it’s just knowing that I’m not alone makes me feel better. Unfortunately, I don’t read my bible like I should but I know as I get older I will need to.

My third object is a picture of my family, which represent my heart. I love my family. We argue and fight but at the end of the day we love each other. I even consider some of my friends’ family. I know they have my back through anything.

I believe in my essay I presented three objects that describe me. My dance shoes represent my faith in God. And my family represent me heart. Without these three things I wouldn’t be Tanya.