my experience | Teen Ink

my experience

Growing up for me was very hard I was taken away from my family when I was 3 and I was put in child protective services CPS. My mother had a lot of her own things going that I could not help her out or change it because it wasn’t up to me it was up to her. As I got older I got to go back and live with my mother but yet again I was taken away from her and this kept happening over and over again. Finally I got to the point where I thought that my mother didn’t want me it was very had to think that but I didn’t have anyone to turn to that could help me out the older I got the more trouble I would get into. I thought that if I kept getting into trouble maybe someone would try to see what was wrong with me but that didn’t work so I just shut down I didn’t know what else to do. I found out later that my mother was in a prison. I just didn’t know what else to do so I would push everyone away from me that would try to help me. When I turned 16 I started to go to jail I was told that if I didn’t stop doing the things I was doing that I would go to a prison before I was18. So that got me to think that im not hurting anyone except myself. I’ve been in this foster home since I was 14 and I used to push my foster mom away until I noticed that she was there to help me deal with what has been going on in my life. I would talk to my foster mom for hours at a time until I realized life isn’t that hard even if you’ve been through a lot that shouldn’t stop you from being something in life it should give you the motivation to become something in life as it has done for me. I have finally decided that people aren’t in your life to hurt you they’re there to help you learn while you’re young because they don’t want you to make the same mistakes as they did as a child. I’ve talked to my mother every week or so and I told her that I don’t blame her for the choices she’s made I thanked her for being my mother even all the things I’ve been through. If you’ve been through a lot make the best of the situation you’re in and turn your life around.

i wrote this to help kidas under stand that there not alone that someone is willing to help them

on Sep. 16 2011 at 5:14 pm
SecretSasha SILVER, Cibolo, Texas

"It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop"

This is an inspiring article!