"My Moment" | Teen Ink

"My Moment"

By bgr242 SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois
bgr242 SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois

Imagine about all the hardships people have or had, whether it’s in the past or the present. Think about everything people have gone through to make it easier for them and how we all get through it. “Don't go through life, grow through life”, by Eric Butterworth. I always wanted to get inspired in studying a specific career choice, or going into a specific field. Living in my household isn’t that easy for me. Taking care of a disabled one is very difficult. Not knowing what’s going to happen. One look away and something could go wrong. I love my little brother more than anyone; he always puts a smile on my face. Taking care of him is hard, but I always get through it. I think that by me taking care of him, it will make me a more reliable person. It makes me speak out to others more. If I see that someone has a problem, I ask them what’s wrong and I try to help them as much as I can. My brother inspired me in becoming a pediatrician, that’s why I want to work with kids and help them in any way I can.

Everyone has some difficulty in their lives, for example trying to accomplish something that is really hard. Senior year, everyone is confused about where they want to go to school or what they want to do. I study hard, whenever there’s a test coming up I always want to get a good grade. Especially now senior year, I’m going to study even harder to get a head start in the field I want to pursue my career in. Becoming a pediatrician is my future career, I think with all the experience with my little brother, makes me confident about that career. Ever since I was little, my mother always told me that she knew I would work with kids. She always tells me that when college starts, she would be so proud of me. For some people life does not always go as planned. Some people face hardships in their life. Being disabled is very difficult, not knowing how to walk or talk, and especially not being able to form dreams. How would that make you feel? So many emotions going on, don’t know what to do, there’s nowhere to go. I feel angry knowing that some kids can’t live their life, because they have a disability. Not knowing why someone is laughing, not understanding anything, nothing makes sense. When I become a pediatrician my number one goal is to make children smile; make their day in any possible way I can. I can just picture myself right now, making a little boy or girls day just by trying to make them laugh. It’s important because being disabled wasn’t a choice, it’s not their fault. It’s important to care for disabled kids just as much as for a normal child, maybe even more. They need more attention and some need more help with the basic activities. This connects to everything because I think the world should be filled with more caring people. Right now in the 21st centaury, people tend to care less and less each day.

By living with my little brother it made me think twice about everything that is going on. Made me a very open person, I’m not ashamed of who my brother is. To me he is the most innocent person that I know. I think that no one should be ashamed of anything. When I become a pediatrician, I want to tell little kids stories or memories about him. I learned to let life come at me, and take it as it goes. Everyone has hardships in their life. It only matters how you deal with them. I am different from everyone else, because growing up I had a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders. This made me grow up faster and become the loving and caring person that I am today. I’m happy of the person I became. I learned not to hate myself because of the things that I am facing. My goal is to go to college and I am certain why I’m going there; I want to get a degree that will let me help kids. I’m going to enjoy what I’m going to be studying because I feel that is the most suitable career for me. I’m not going to be one of those people who hate their job, I’m going to get up every morning and love the fact that I’m making a difference in someone’s life.