Rescued | Teen Ink

Rescued

September 1, 2011
By BelleMoi BRONZE, Bel Air, Maryland
BelleMoi BRONZE, Bel Air, Maryland
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have two personal favorite quotes.

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game- A Cinderella Story
Passion is passion, it's the excitement that fills the tedious spaces. And it' doesn't matter where it's directed- Dear John


I was in a dark tunnel. Smoke, layered all around me, I was walking toward a light. A feint voice whispered 'come closer.' As I reached the light I saw a man, a man whom I'd never seen before. He had an essence radiating off of him, which made me think he could tell me how to get out of here.
"My name is Jesus" he said, "I am here to help you, you are stuck in a downward spiral of no escape if you choose to continue the path you are on. But come with me, and I shall show you two paths, one of no return and the other of righteous up-bringing, faith, and power." The look on his face was one of a genuine sorrow for my sad existence you can call a life.
"So how do I know you're Jesus? I didn't even think you existed, let alone cared about someone who has scolded you, and practically burned you at the stake."
"Even though you did that, I love everyone, you are equal as all others, this also means guilty as they are to. Everyone is near and dear to my heart. You are my child and I love you no matter what you have done, or what you will do."
I had hardly known him for five minutes and I could tell he had more love for me than my parents.
He reached out his hand, waiting for my grasp. I put my hand in his. I could barely believe it, he had more compassion for me than my own birth parents had.
"Let us look at the future you will have if you continue the path you are on." With a swift wave-like motion of his hand we were looking at a funeral. "This is where your future is heading should you continue this path. And your tragic demise will come sooner than you think."
The funeral was small, not a lot of people there.
"So, you're saying this is what's going to happen to me if I keep doing this to myself?" I asked Jesus.
"Yes, the people that will attend your funeral are your biological parents Brooke and Cody, your adoptive parents Samantha and Daniel. A few of your friends from sports teams, school and..."
"Faith!!" I shouted
"Yes, even Faith, this tragedy will completely turn her life upside down. Considering she lost both her parents and her brother to an automobile accident. Losing you means losing everyone to her."
What was I supposed to think of that. She's lost everyone, just like me. She's confused, just like me.

She's staying strong, why can't I?
"I can't do this anymore, I can't live like this anymore" I whispered
"Well, only you can change that Brody. I can only guide you along the way." He answered. "Now let us view your future should you choose to change your lifestyle." With another wave of his hand, we were looking at a stage, in an arena, filled with, teenagers. "This will be you in four years. At the next Nazarene Youth Conference..." He stops there, because there is sound coming from the picture.
"My name is Brody, and today, I'm gonna tell you a story, my story. I was born to teen parents, in the middle of their junior and senior year. They figured I would be the perfect combination of them, that's why they named me Brody, the perfect combination of the names Brooke and Cody. They also figured they could take care of a baby, while they were still babies themselves. Before my first birthday, I was ten months, Brooke and Cody had gotten married. But decided they weren't ready to make the commitment to be parents and they also definitely didn't want to give up their teenage years. Then, they dropped me off at an orphanage, I spent six months in that orphanage, I was sixteen months when a couple finally adopted me." Every teen in the arena was cheering and clapping. "Wait just, wait" I said. "As I grew older my adoptive parents became less and less involved in any aspect of my life. Each night, they would come in later and later. When I was eighteen, I overdosed on some prescription pills. I was in coma when I found Jesus. He showed me a funeral, and this, this exact moment.." The picture and audio faded out.
"This is your moment Brody. You have seen both roads, now is the time to choose which road to follow."
I didn't hesitate. "I want the road of preaching your word, and my experience with you."



I opened my eyes to the pale hospital room. Faith was kneeling at my bedside.
"Brody?" She asked.
I could only reply with a very soft almost inaudible "yea."
"Oh my lord, I'm so glad you're ok, you even flat lined. You scared the crap out of me."
"Faith, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen. How long did I flat line for?"
"You flat lined for a minute." A tear dripped from her eye, "I though it was over, you were over. And I couldn't stand the thought of you dying without telling you something."
"Tell me what?" I asked.
She looked around the room. "That I love you Brody, I was always afraid to tell you, in fear that I'd become to close too you, then lose you. Since that's what happened to everyone else in my life..."
It took every ounce of energy I had in my weakened body, but I leaned in and lightly kissed her.
That's when I finally understood why Jesus said my death would turn her world upside down. Because when I saw her kneeling at my bedside, I knew at that moment she was going to become my wife. If I had died the way Jesus showed me I would have, Faith was either my girlfriend, fiancé or my wife. Jesus showed me what my life was going to be like. Now I have to act on it.





"Faith" I said.
"Yes Brody" she answered.
Gathering all the courage I had I told her "I have a question for you."
"Anything" she said smiling.
"Being with you is like a dream, a fairytale. And this is one fairytale that I don't want to end. So, will you marry me?"
A look of shock covered her face. "Oh Brody, yes, yes of course I'll marry you."
For that moment, and every moment after that, everything was and will be perfect.