Life Flies By in the Blink of an Eye | Teen Ink

Life Flies By in the Blink of an Eye

By Nana21 BRONZE, Alamosa, Colorado
Nana21 BRONZE, Alamosa, Colorado

Shocked, afraid, I stare off in the distance. Not able to move my whole body is numb. My hands start shaking, me knees go wobbly, I feel like jello I could barely hold myself up. Dropping to the floor, a burst of tears come pouring out. Screaming at the top of the lungs my veins are my maps of my anger. My make up is ruined, smeared all over my face, my eye line drips. I could barely see through the tears. He’s gone, his soul is cold as ice and he lays there stiff as a statue. My life will never be the same.

Ecstatic, I’m going to go see him I startle in the car like I was a flying bouncy ball. Hopping in my seat feeling with excitement singing from the top of my lungs. I’m too hyper my mom stops the car and pulls to the side of the road. Turning around, she yells at me so loud that it echo’s. I looked at her confused wondering why she was so mad. I didn’t care though I kept hitting the seats one from the other. Every five minutes yelling “are we there yet?” I know the answer would be no, frustrated and annoyed I sit steal staring out the window.

Finally, years later I see the small town coming up closer and closer. Passing the old white beat up house I squeak in joy. I leap out of the car and run inside the house, going into the living room I see nothing but the sofa’s, tv, entertainment center, and the door way to the room. Going in the room still nothing, skipping to the kitchen and dinning room there is nothing but a hallow space. “TINK,” a sound comes from the back door. Slowly walking to the silver door I open it, creaking comes from every inch of it. Slamming the door behind me I jump in fear. Looking around I see my grandpa kneeling over the ground. His hand hovered over the different types of flowers. He hears me walking towards him, slowly in pain he gets up and gives me a hug. Shy and nervous he stares at his hand fidgeting them around. I stare at him knowing that hes old and that he wont be here for my next birthday. His face is wrinkly his eye lids sag down and his hair is pur white maybe a little black every once in a while but mainly black. Looking at clock I count the second, time flies by hours pass. Leaving out the door I give him a hug smelling the old sweet smell of old people I hug my grandpa. Days, weeks, and months past, I haven’t seen him in a while. Time goes by i stop asking my mom about him.

Lifeless, gone, and absolutely nothing. Torn into pieces I cry for days, carrying about nothing I let my life fly by in the blink of an eye. Attending everything was painful, i felt like a piece of me was taken and I had no reason to be here. Sitting in the seats at the church I stare at the ground with fear covering my face. My eyes were as big as a quarter, my legs and hands were shaking I could barely walk. My mom had to walk me up to go see him. One step at a time, closer and close I am, my breathing is out of control it’s becoming harder and harder not knowing what to expect. Seeing him brought a smile on my face, he looks so happy and peaceful. Hovering over the coffin a flash of memories came to me, like the day he sent me to the store to grab some cookies or the day we were picking apples. Seeing him one last time made me realize he’s in a good place and he will always be with me no matter what.