Just a Dream

I had a dream once. I wanted to grow up and be a famous singer. I still kind of dream that. It's like music is my way of communicating. It's how I express my feelings. For some reason lyrics are just easier than conversation.
Have you ever heard a song that didn't just touch you? You literally felt it in your heart. That's what I wanted to do. Write songs with meaning. Sing songs with more than just passion. Singing is my thing. When I am happy, I sing. When I am upset, I sing. When I am bored, I sing. It comes so natural to me. It’s like eating; if I don’t get my daily dose of singing each day, I actually feel sick.
People don't always realize that songs are more than just notes. Songs are more than just a combination of instruments, and sometimes singing. Songs are alive. There are songs that are happy, yet there are songs that make you want to cry. Whatever the song is, a piece of that song's creator's soul is in it. That's why songs are often so easy to relate to.
I remember the first time I really performed. To say I was scared is an understatement. I was really nervous, but in a good way. This was a chance to show the world who I really was. Holding the microphone gave me energy. Singing the song gave me fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment. I also came to the realization that singing is my true love.
Sometimes, I would get upset and convince myself to quit singing. But when you are truly in love with something, it is impossible to break up with it. So unsurprisingly, I am still singing. I share a bond with singing that is stronger than marriage. It’s as much a part of me as my heart and soul are. Maybe, I still dream to be a singer. Maybe this isn't just a dream. Singing is my reality. Singing is my future.

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can totally relate to your love of singing, although I can't sing whatsoever. ;) My passion is for writing. But anyway, great piece. It conveyed your love of singing perfectly. Nice job! :)

MissDarkCross said...

I feel the exact same way you do, but your probably good at singing. Which I'm not.

I have one song that gets to me, it's the song hurricane by 30 seconds to mars..and almost all the song's written by Amy lee get to me.

Your amazing at writing! Don't stop

Kailey4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is GREAT! It shows that you are passionate about something, and it's motivational.:)

LadyJaneGrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a really good piece of writing. But you say that you once had a dream about singing, and even though you say you still "kind of" do, you never really explain why that first sentence is no longer true (or why it is still true). It's still great, and I totally understand, but I think that would flesh it out a bit more.