Fatherless

Every year, as Father's Day creeps around the bend, I wonder, "What would it be like to have a father figure in my life?" Unfortunately, I'll never know. When I was just an infant, my parents split up. Now that I'm older, I'm realizing the impact that it's had on my life. He's never tried to find me. I can't help but to ask myself if it's because he doesn't care, or because he thinks that it may be for the better.
I often ponder the fact that he's missed so many things that I'll never experience again. It hurts to think that someone can create a child, and not recognize his or her existence. Does he think of me? Does he care about my achievements? It's so difficult to have thousands of questions running through my mind, and know that the only person who can answer them can't find the time to care.
So many children, teens, and adults take their fathers for granted. They don't wonder what life would be like without their dads. However, lacking a father has helped me make a positive choice for my future. When I'm older, I'll wait until marriage to conceive a child. I'll do whatever it takes to keep us together. I'll do everything I can in my power to make sure that my child doesn't go without a parent.
I hope everyone appreciates his or her father, no matter what. In the end, everyone needs both parents. A child deserves role models growing up. Don't leave a child fatherless.