"Marry Me"

By , Marion, NC
I want to wake up to your face every morning and not want to get out of bed, just because you’re there. I want to fall asleep with you under the stars by the lake just because we want to. I want to stay up late and talk to you about anything and everything all night. I want you to send me flowers just because it’s a Monday. I want you to wake up and walk into the kitchen in your boxers, with your bedhead and be greeted with breakfast and a good morning kiss. I want to go on dates with you so we don’t get lost in the craziness of life and forget about us. I want to watch your eyes glow as you hold our newborn child for the first time, trying your best not to cry. I want to let you watch as much football as you want with as many buddies as you want. I want to play video games with you and laugh as you tickle me for punishment when I beat you. I want to make you watch chick flicks and laugh when you cry, because I know you didn’t want to watch them in the first place. I want to hold your hand and smile proudly when we watch our kids grow up and be lucky enough to find the same love we were lucky enough to find. I want to stand by your side through out every single trial and triumph. I want to love you unconditionally, and I want you to love me unconditionally. I want to grow old with you let my last words be a whisper, “I love you.”