Better With Time | Teen Ink

Better With Time

By Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming

Just do you and let the rest blow past you

I believe things get better with time. I not only believe that things get better with time but I’ve also proven it. I believe you can’t waltz around hanging your head low in shame or depression you have to hold it high with pride.

I grew up in a family that is built on pride and the reason I believe that things will get better with time is because it did for me. Back last year I had a lot of problems with my parents, the police, and drugs… I started to hang out with the wrong crowd and eventually I was doing marijuana, I started disrespecting my family, and it led me to getting in trouble all the time. I eventually made my mother cry… It wasn’t until a month after that I started to feel the shameful actions that were affecting me and my family. I felt I needed to stop what I was doing because it was bringing shame to my family and me. I walked around town at night listing to music loosing myself in my thoughts. My mom really seemed to care about me doing these things she tried to get me help but it seemed like a constant battle; she would push me and I would push back harder. The decisions I made were horrible and the actions were worse. I didn’t know what I became until I saw myself in the mirror an empty shell of what I once was.

Eventually I started to believe in myself and others that things would get better in time. Now a year later I have gained a strong relationship with my parents and I am staying out of trouble and am making better decisions. The past still haunts me till this day of the actions I have made but hey like I said things will get better with time.

My past will always be with me haunting me but its better to forget and let time take its toll.