In my shoes I cheer for You | Teen Ink

In my shoes I cheer for You

May 3, 2011
By Bookiewookie BRONZE, Williston Park, New York
Bookiewookie BRONZE, Williston Park, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"iT'S IMPORTANT TO BE NICE BUT NICE TO BE IMPORTANT"-Alyssa Milano


I could easily watch Kristin Chenoweth all day on Ellen or on YouTube. I could listen to all her podcasts and beautiful voice till my soul has become numb. I could die without meeting her or enjoying an astounding or inconceivable moment with her. But that’s just me.

Now I’m not the type of person who is shallow or cares about popularly and things of that sort. No, I’m the type of person who when she finds a spelling error as she types she has to correct it or else it becomes annoying. “Annoying” is a word I express a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I enjoy the things that would classify someone as nerdy. I like the usual, reading, writing, drawing, etc. Like right now for example, I’m writing on my free time when I don’t have a class for two reasons. Because I have not wrote for ya’ll in a while and I’m feeling creative. Despite how this library computer room is awfully loud for a library, they usually tell you to be quiet but it’s filled up today.

Today is a big day. Cheer tryouts. Now I was on the team last year so I’ll most likely get in then do the school play when it’s done. Going today is a bittersweet feeling. I want to go so that I feel that I am going forth with my legacy to be like Ms Chenoweth. But I don’t want to go because I’m tired and I rather be home. I guess you could say I’m kind of picky. My mom told me I should try out and I do enjoy dancing. Cheer isn’t a vigorous sport on the plus side. We just stretch like crazy. I do enjoy it don’t get me wrong, but sometimes you have to just step back and find out who you are in life or your high school career; that person would be me. That is exactly what I did. Although I haven’t completely found out who I am I made progress. I am trying to avoid tryouts yet I’m trying to be there early and on time. I know exactly what im going to wear and how to impress the judges. What got me in last year was my smile through out everything and how I have had some experience in the past. I also am a dancer. Almost everyone gets in and this year the varsity team got to compete which we normally don’t do. I want to be on varsity this year but I am scared it won’t happen. Jr Varsity is very hard and all 9th graders and some 10th graders are on it. I will be in 11th grade next year so I need to be with my class. Cheerleading is very competitive. That is why I did half a season. This year if I get in I plan on doing a whole season. I will be taking Dance from July to august on Sundays and on Monday to Friday acting in august. Cheer practice starts in august but towards the middle to end. It would be exciting to show my school once again that I can do this. I have mixed feelings on the team and most of the girls if not all are nice because they don’t want to get kicked off the team. I hope everything goes well and that my friends from the middle school are there so it won’t be so bad. I have no idea what else to say so I guess I’ll end here. Hopefully someone reads this.


The author's comments:
This is a quick peice. it's more of thoughts and more of a report.