The Me That Once Was

Once upon a time, there was a little girl name Livvy Lee Me. She was smiling child, who felt like the world was her friend and like nothing could touch her. She thought she was powerful and mighty, like nobody would really want to make her cry.
This little girl lived in an orphanage in Michigan. It was dirty, and mice would crawl around, but she didn’t care. She made friends with the mice and bugs, because they wouldn’t hurt her- she was too powerful.
Then one day a couple came and took her home. She was so happy to have a family!! She smiled wider and more often, because she belonged.
One day they took her to big girl school, a place that they called “daycare.” She loved it there, and she grew happier and happier.
Night fell, and still she stayed. All the other boys and girls got picked up by their mommies and daddies, but Livvy Lee Me stayed. Finally men in suits came and took her to stranger’s houses. These people were named Foster Mom and Foster Dad.
Livvy Lee Me cried that night, alone in her room. She felt abandoned by her mommy and her daddy. The next morning, the men in suits came again and took her to another home.
The men in suits always came back. Sometimes the Foster mommy or the Foster Daddy would hurt Livvy Lee Me and the men in suits would get her from the hospital. She grew sad, and told herself that she would never again let people in. It hurt too much- they hurt too much.

When Livvy Lee Me got older, she would sit in bed at night and cry herself to sleep. Life was so unfair to her! Why couldn’t it happen to some other kid? She never did anything to hurt anyone!

Livvy Lee Me was sad, even when she got a shiny new family. In high school, the other kids called her a freak, a misfit, and tore her down. She pretended not to care. She always pretended not to care.

Life goes on for Livvy Lee Me, better known as Olivia Russo, author of this story. She hopes that one day people will stop judging and start accepting her. After all, a tiny girl named Livvy Lee Me fought a battle day by day, and now, she is tired of fighting. All the Livvy Lee Me’s of the world are.

Andrea W. said...
wow olivia this is written beautifully and dont worry i dont judge you!

Stay_Strong said...

Oh Gosh man, I'm gonna cry.. *hugs*

*breathes out* Im not sure what to say... I'm sorry first of all... and dont let others tear u down, they dont kno you, but understand that because they don't know you, you cant let them mess with ur head.... (dont just hurt them back... you have to stand strong <3

btw, you worded this beautifully. its very raw  n emotional

Queen_Via_of_the_Woodland_ElvesXD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm :
Thank you for the comment, I don't remember writing this... sad, huh? Probably wrote it whilst angry or sad... never remember those...

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Beautifully, heart-breakingly written, and in such a unique and different way too, from the point of view belonging to a chile who, maybe, still believes in fairytales after all she has been through.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:32 pm :
chile=child

Mar. 20, 2012 at 6:25 pm :
I actually still do believe in fairy tales- or at least, the ideas that fairy tales represent- innocence, overcoming, all of that. Thanks for the comment! :D