I think the drawing was a sign. | Teen Ink

I think the drawing was a sign.

April 7, 2011
By yeahxpaz BRONZE, Albany, New York
yeahxpaz BRONZE, Albany, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"if your gonna be dumb you gatta be tough"


*Names have been changed to protect the reputations of others. Even though all the people I mention have ruined ones..enjoy!

Normally I am not an ease dropper. But when you’re sitting in the bathroom stall staring at a drawn penis (can I say that in this?) on the door you tend to get a little preoccupied.

“Are you sure it’s true?”
“Absolutely! I heard he got her drunk and Mel totally went down!”
(She means that Mel got low with her pretty girl rock, if you know what I mean.)
Oh God no. I knew what they were talking about. I mean who didn’t? It was probably a face book group by now it was so popular. The gossip was that Melanie gave Drew a blow. It wouldn’t have bothered me so much if my best friend April wasn’t about to go out with him! Oh, and her and Mel are friends so that adds to the awkwardness. I knew she hadn’t heard yet because she was coming into school late but I knew it was only a ticking time bomb before she found out. Some part inside of me ached for a cat fight between them since I hadn’t seen a school fight in so long. But my better side got the best of me. So what’s a girl to do? I obviously want to tell her but how? Writing an anonymous letter would have worked if it hadn’t blown up in Snookie’s and JWOW’s face in Miami. Well i wasn't going to think straight sitting on the toliet and reading the stall vandalism. Atleast not for this situation.

I can see her now. Walking down the hall all chipper and looking as if she’s on top of the world. The thing about April is that when her mother gave birth to her she technically gave birth to a Victoria’s Secret model. She was 5`7 with long blonde hair and eyes that could bring you to your knees with one look. If I was her mom, I’d be glowing with pride.
“MY GIRL, WHAT’S GOIN ON!?”
“Hey April, how was the orthodontist?”

“Eh, same old same old. Have you seen Drew around? He told me that he needed to tell me something.”
Could a 15 year old girl pee her pants? It felt like I was about to. “April I need to prepare you for something horrific..”
“OH WAIT, THERE’S DREW, BYE!”

It was like watching a gazelle running towards a cheetah. She was going to die. Not literally of course, but hypothetically. I saw her lips move into the word Hi and I knew it was over. He pulled her aside and started talking at hyper speed. The only two words i could make out of his was i'm sorry. Her legs looked as if she was about to collapse. Her hand was in the air and clenched into a punching position and I wanted her to let it rip. But instead of the face I wanted it to drop right to his balls. He deserved it. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" she shreiked. And so, the mighty gazelle came running back to her other gazelle. She didn't need him. He was trash. Just like every other guy im this school.


After hearing and watching this horrific experience I realized that sometimes life sucks. A lot. But the best thing you can do is go through your sulky life with someone who makes you feel like you aren't the only one sulking. I’m glad that I was there for April when she needed me most. This experience made her a stronger person because she did not go back to him after what he did. Most girls should realize that sometimes guys screw up so bad that they aren’t worth going back to. Keep this in mind when your lover turns into a loser.







Stay gorgeous!


The author's comments:
I hope girls will relaize that some guys aren'r worth going back to.