Love Prayers | Teen Ink

Love Prayers

March 9, 2011
By ChrisHeikes BRONZE, Grand Marais, Minnesota
ChrisHeikes BRONZE, Grand Marais, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The beautiful thing about us is that I don't know anything about you, and you don't know anything about me, and we don't really have to know each other.

All we need to know is that the sky is blue and that the grass is green and that more often than not, things will work out; that if one falls, the other will catch

All I need to know is that your fingers fit mine and that blueberries grow in july and that moss grows on the north side and that the lake will always be here- it will outlive our love.

All you need to know is that my phone is always on, and if you call, I will answer, and even if I'm sleeping, you can call me a thousand times until I wake up, and my love will last until morning.

All you need to know is that as long as my feet work, as long as my bike has a chain, as long as my car runs, I'm ready for you.
I will love you until the sidewalk ends.

All you need to know is that I would cross Lake Superior for you- that I would walk the Bridge To Nowhere for you, that I would fly anywhere for you.

All you need to know is that as long as I breathe, half of my breath for you. That I'm not afraid of things I could have said, or should have said; that I have no regrets in you.

All we need to know is that we will always be we.