My Journey to Michigan | Teen Ink

My Journey to Michigan

By I_AM_CallofDuty BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
I_AM_CallofDuty BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Sometime last year, we played for the recreation league. Our team was made up of the travel team we have played with for many years. We have been very good for all these years. The Easley recreation department made up an elite rec. team to go to the World Series. The rec. department has not been to a World Series before so that was their goal.

The team that I played for was the team that ended up going to the World Series. We had to beat many teas to get to the region championship. The team that we were supposed to play, Dacusville, forfeited. After that, we had a rough time in Charleston. The teams were very good, but in the championship game, the coach brought me in to close the game. The bases were loaded, one out. I struck out the first batter out, the next batter up I walk him that scores a run. The score now is 5-4. The next batter has been unstoppable the whole game, there are two out, bases loaded. I throw it to the plate. He swings and hits a high pop-up to my center fielder. He catches it! The game is over! Everyone is on top of me in a dog pile. We are so happy that we are going to state.

In the battle for state, we lost one game. In that game, no one was playing good or hitting good. It was not a very good game for any of us. We made it to the championship game with a record of 3-1. We played Florida in the championship game, once again, I pitched a good game. This was a much better game for us, we hit good, our team was better in general. At the end of the game, we had another dog pile, except this time we were happy we were going to Michigan for the World Series.

We left our hotel in Georgia to go back home for a week and then go back to Atlanta to get on a plane to Michigan. There were no delays that day so we were on our way to Michigan. When we got there, we started looking for cool stuff that wasn’t in Georgia. In the airport we found a machine that dispenses iPods. This was a big machine with very expensive items in it. From there we got onto our buses we had waiting on us. The bus took us to where we would be eating dinner every night for a week. The food there was very good, everything was made by hand but one of the nights we had White Castle hamburgers. I had never had White Castle before so I didn’t know how it would be. It was very good but after we knew where the fields would be, we went back to the hotel to get our rooms figured out. By the time we did all of this it was time to go to bed.

To be continued

I did not finish this article completely...I am still working on this article.

on May. 5 2011 at 1:14 pm
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I'm bout to punnish you... give me your gamertag on xbox.

jeff day said...
on Apr. 8 2011 at 1:55 pm
jeff day, Easley, South Carolina
you cant play cod ill kill you, you suck

jeff day said...
on Apr. 8 2011 at 1:55 pm
jeff day, Easley, South Carolina
this sucks learn how to write