Four months, three days ago you died. My life has changed...

Four months, three days. That's how long ago my dad got a phone call, and looked like he was about to cry. That's how long ago he made us finish the laundry before telling us anything. It's how long ago I couldn't believe it, and went to a party, half in shock, because there was no way it was HIM. He was safe because he wasn't actively in the military anymore. Besides, nobody that good can leave this earth without some kind of shift everyone can feel. He's one of my favorite people ever; we were so close. He couldn't go without ME feeling it.
Four months, three days. That's how long it's been since I've really slept. That's how long it's been since I was relatively untroubled. It's how long it's been since I went a full day without crying.
Four months, three days. That's how long it's been since I was sure of my sanity. That's how long it's been since you left this earth.

I love you, Cameron. I miss you. Please come back. We're torn apart without you here to hug us and say it'll all be fine, and we just have to be tough.

Aunt Shirley said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:35 am
I love you so much and am so proud of you, Brittany. You were a WONDERFUL part of Cameron's life and brought him much happiness.