Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes | Teen Ink

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

By J.H.Nguyen BRONZE, Arcadia, California
J.H.Nguyen BRONZE, Arcadia, California

C'est La Vie

The world is constantly changing around us, we know this. It is as undeniable as the smell emanating from the kids fresh from Gym next to you in the Chem. Lab. Most people, however, fail to realise that the world doesn't just change around us, but through us and in us. Cheesy, I know, but just think! I highly doubt that you still love pretending that your stack of blocks is a giraffe-fairy-princess who is your very bestest friend when your friend-next-door is out with their family.

Our thoughts, feelings, looks, mannerisms change dramatically as we age, and very few people take the time to realise that it has happened to them as well. It is by far easier to see someone and realise that they aren't the same person you knew in Kindergarten, than look inwards and realise that the same is true for you. So what? What do we do when we realise that hat we once valued, the very core of our being, is no longer true? How do we cope?

Sometimes, we ignore it. After all, if we pretend that it never happened, how could it possibly affect us? But it does, and we need to see that. So, take a breath, look at the sky above you, and be glad that things could be worse. You could smell like that kid from Gym, sitting right next to you.