Moving on Without Forgetting | Teen Ink

Moving on Without Forgetting

By ebefiscute BRONZE, Locust Grove, Georgia
ebefiscute BRONZE, Locust Grove, Georgia

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”

~Helen Keller

You can know somebody for so long and then one day there just another face. That whole thing where we said "We can text each other every day" and "I'll still invite you to my birthday parties" and my favorite "We'll always be best friends" is a lie. Truth is when you leave some body's life you never come back fully. You can text them, visit them, and pretend it's the same but, it'll never be. The thing you shouldn't do is lie to yourself about your friendships. You should instead accept the fact things have changed and that's that. I've learned that my old friends will never be the same as they were back then. My biggest regret before moving is not crying the last day I was there. I figured "hey we'll still talk and hang out. After all it's only an hour away" I decided not to face reality and I won't forgive myself for that. I do hope I can reconnect with my old friends as best as possible however I do want to move on. Life will go on with our without me.

Moving so often had inspired me to write this to my friends.