This is war. | Teen Ink

This is war.

By Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

"I love you."

War. It is something all of us experience. Whether it is inside or outside of ourselves. In us or around us. Everyone is battling the opposing force. Some might say it is their heart. Some might say it is their mind. Others will say it is sin. It is darkness. Others will say it is the enemy. For some, it is physical. For others it is mental. For many, it is spiritual. For most, it is emotional. And for few, it is social. In many areas of the world, there are men, women and children battling those who force them into oppression. They are having to kill to keep from being killed. They are taking lives to save lives. And it is nothing they can do... it is their life’s work. It is an everyday struggle. Twenty-four-seven. Many lives have been lost. In many areas of the world, there are men, women and children battling disease. Whether it be cancer, something more or something less serious... many lose their lives to something that is silent and creeps through their bodies like the wind, unseen in the sky above. Some are struggling to be noticed. Some are struggling to find friends. Many, many people struggle, just to make it through the day. So, we are all in a battle of sorts. You and I both. Don’t ever give in, and never let it take you over. It is not something we can’t take. There is always something to be thankful for. No matter what situation you are facing.

My thoughts on the struggles we face every single day.