Retro Freak | Teen Ink

Retro Freak

By thatgirlnamedrose BRONZE, Valmeyer, Illinois
thatgirlnamedrose BRONZE, Valmeyer, Illinois

I couldn't fit in this box, but it's the letter to Mr. Vernon in the movie, The Breakfast Club.

Do you ever think how your life would be if you were born in a different generation? I do, I love everything about the 1960's and 70's. I got captivated by their music and the bands. It all started when I was four years old and my family would always play the artists Rick James, Led Zeppelin,and Donna Summer. I was hooked at the start. I love disco and rock music, but rock has stuck with me into my now teen years. Wishing I had lived in these different generations, where the music, cultural, and style is what I love most. Modern style, modern music just don't strike me. Every time I play Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie it's like I'm in this different world...it's hard to explain. Is anyone out their like me? Am I the only one who feel this way? I always ask myself why was I born in this generation. I mean yes I love my life and everything, but everything I adore and look up to is not here anymore. KEEP ROCK ALIVE! Click that stereo button and blast some led zeppelin tunes!

I am an oldies rock fanatic! Long live the 1960's! All you need is love <3

Raeee_ BRONZE said...
Raeee_ BRONZE, Westport, Massachusetts

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" ~Jimi Hendrix.

I think about that at least once a day honestly. I wish I could've lived back then. I'm also a rock fanatic more of a 70's girl though. thanks for the article