Surprisingly Enough... | Teen Ink

Surprisingly Enough...

January 12, 2011
By living.in.the.present. GOLD, Miami, FL, Florida
living.in.the.present. GOLD, Miami, FL, Florida
11 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." ~Samuel Goldwyn


Once you let your guard down, things completely change. You never expect it, so it comes as a complete shock. You ask yourself, “How did it happen? Why?” But there’s never an answer. You just have to accept it as it is. Sometimes it’s hard to accept it, especially seeing those who are even more affected than you suffer. Nothing is worse than seeing family suffer. Nothing. You may think, “Oh, he’ll get over it. It’ll pass in a couple of days.” That’s exactly what I thought. But I was wrong. And yes, I admit it. Today was one of the hardest things I’ve ever faced, up to this point in time. I know things only get harder from here, but I have to keep believing that there’s some greater purpose. A “master plan” of some sort. You would think that nothing can get you over this mountain that has just jumped in front of you. But there is. I know it’s hard to face this reality, but you just have to accept it in order to move on. Sometimes it’s hard accepting things you just don’t want to believe, but it must be done. But, having your best friend go through the same exact thing at the same exact time gives you a boost that is indescribable. She knows exactly what I’m feeling and I know exactly what she’s feeling. It gives you this whole feeling of closeness that is unbreakable. This is why I thank God that I was stuck with her for ten years, and keep praying that we will meet together once again. I will miss these two close people in my life, but I know that God can help me through anything, and that I can accept it in order to move on.


The author's comments:
Just a personal experience worthy of writing something about it.