What I’ll Miss Most | Teen Ink

What I’ll Miss Most

By Cecilia Rose BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Cecilia Rose BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

“Do you like her like you liked me?” That’s the one question I ask myself every time I see you with her. I tell myself that there’s something that set us apart from all of the other girls you’ve been with. That “something” is how we were friends, not just people who liked each other. I’ll miss being your friend. Our friendship is what made this summer amazing. I’ll miss hugging you; you got so much better since the awkward side hugs you gave me when we were dating. I’ll miss talking to you on the phone, even though I haven’t been able to do that since April. Suprisingly, I’ll miss your ridiculous stories about all the girls you get. I’ll miss your jokes, even though I was the butt of most of them. I’ll miss hanging out with you everyday, I’ll miss you ridiculing my driving, and I’ll miss being able to talk to you about anything. I’ll miss your dogs because they love me, and I’ll miss hearing about how your parents want us to be together. I’ll miss kissing you, watching you play basketball at Juilf’s, and listening to music together in our cars. But most of all, I’ll miss you and how I felt when we weren’t fighting. We evened each other out and, in a really twisted, confusing way, we were good together. So, if you do like her like you liked me, then good. I’m glad you found someone. But if you don’t, I hope you’ll miss me as much as I’ll miss you.

This is a letter I wrote to my exboyfriend after we broke up.

Molly-bo-Bolly, Cottage Crove, Minnesota

Remember that today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

This made me cry. I feel The exact same way about my ex boyfriend. My new boyfriend is nothing like we used to be. Thank you for writing what I couldn't admit to myself.