A Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner | Teen Ink

A Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner

By TaliaC BRONZE, East Northport, New York
TaliaC BRONZE, East Northport, New York

The Thanksgiving dinner was being prepared slowly and the aroma of the delicious smelling foods filled the house. People were chatting quietly and the kids were running around playfully. The banquet-sized table was covered with a soft, light brown cloth. The place settings were laid out perfectly; they were not an inch off. Family members were waiting anxiously, ready to feast and eat a gourmet, filling meal.

The time came and the table looked beautiful, full of many different colors; the feast began. There were several choices of foods to eat; there was so much food on the table it was overwhelming. Aunt Linda made her famous noodle pudding: golden yellow noodles, crumbling brown cinnamon sugar and small, wrinkly raisins on top. The other foods ranged from long, spiraled pasta with perfectly round, light brown meatballs to the giant, juicy turkey with mashed potatoes that looked like clouds. Surrounding the turkey and pasta were various traditional Thanksgiving dishes: seasonal colored stuffing; assortments of vegetables like a wide-opened forest; sweet, red cranberry sauce; and different types of tasty, moist muffins and breads.

After a satisfying, delicious meal, it was time for dessert. A small, round table was set up on the other side of the large, open room for all of the desserts. The group favorite was the bakery-fresh, thick apple pie; it had warm, sugary apples on the inside, with crumbled cinnamon and sugar laid softly on top. The entire meal was like a factory process: one step after the other, having to pace the different sections along the way. This cold, brisk Thanksgiving was turned into a warm, enjoyable one, with a loving family and a never-ending amount of food.