My Justin Bieber Experience: Who Knew He Would be at My Mall?

It was July 30th, the day before Justin Bieber would be having a concert in Memphis, Tennessee. I would be attending the concert with my best friend, Hollynn. The day before the concert was a Friday, so I was super excited! As soon as I got home from a long day of school, I got on the internet. I checked my Face book, then my Twitter. I saw that Justin had recently tweeted. He said ‘finally in Memphis.’ I have to admit, I almost fell out of my chair. This was the day BEFORE the concert, and he was already here?! I called Hollynn and told her all about what I had just read. She, being a bigger Bieber fan than I was, screamed. “Hollynn, we need to go to the mall!” I told her. Something inside of me was saying that I needed to get out of the house and be somewhere public. At first, she didn’t want to go, but I finally talked her into it. She asked her grandma, and being the nice person she is, her grandmother agreed. I quickly got ready, and my mom drove me to meet Hollynn and her grandma at the mall. I started telling Hollynn about how I had a feeling that we should be here. What if Justin was here?! It was an outrageous thought, but I just had to check. Hollynn and I were goofing off and pointing everywhere, saying things like “I wonder if Justin’s in Claire’s?” or “I bet that’s him eating a donut!” We were on the second floor of the mall when I stopped and looked at her. “We know how to find him if he is here,” I told her, “Just look for a big crowd of girls!” We rounded a corner and stopped dead in our tracks. “Just like that one.” I said to her pointing a few feet in front of us where a huge crowd of people were gathered outside of a store. We jogged forward to see what all the commotion was about. A random man walked up to us and asked us if we knew what was going on. Hollynn started jumping up and down saying “Maybe its Justin Bieber!” I told her to think rationally. As we started getting closer, we noticed that the crowd was in front of Lids, a hat store. We also noticed the security bars were down, blocking everyone from entering the store. We pushed our way closer to the gates, jumping up to see inside the store. I over heard a girl on the phone saying “I swear Becky, he is right here! I’m looking at him!” Some of the girls started moving out of my way so I could see better. That’s when I thought I spotted Chaz Somers, Justin’s best friend from Stratford. I turned to Hollynn and asked her if that was Chaz, but she couldn’t see a thing. I lifted her up over the crowd and she gave a little squeak. She had spotted Justin Bieber. I put her back down, and she immediately started crying. I admit, it was very embarrassing, but I couldn’t blame her. I knew how much she loved him. Me being the idiot I am, walked away from the store and called my mom! Who on Earth calls their mom when they see a celebrity? Apparently, I do. The security guards eventually started pushing the crowd back away from the store. They started lifting the gates and the whole crowd erupted into screams, including Hollynn. Justin slipped out, along with Chaz, Ryan Butler, his mom Pattie, and his bodyguard, Kenny. The guards did a pretty good job of holding the girls back, but a few of them went the opposite way and started chasing after him. Hollynn just pushed her way past the guard and started running straight towards Justin. I chased after her, not wanting her to attack him, because trust me she would. She was just inches from grabbing onto him when I grabbed her shirt and pulled her back. She was pulling against me, towards Justin, screaming at me to let her go. I tried calmly telling her I couldn’t because I didn’t want to get kicked out of the mall. Justin and the rest of the gang reached a fire exit and left. Several girls went outside to try and find him, but I’m sure he was long gone. Hollynn continued crying for about thirty minutes after he was gone. I recorded her crying in the food court and put it on YouTube. It has about 3,000 views. Hollynn and I will never forget this amazing experience, even if we didn’t get to personally meet him.

lala said...
hmmm interesante

crystal said...
well tat is cool but iam js y would u cry he is just like anyother human the only difference is that he is a good singer

Countrylife4 said...

I love Justin Bieber!!! You are so lucky that he came to your mall!!

Reading this for some reason made me think of his song Ohamha Mall! hahaha

But seriously, great job! Keep writing :)

Sassychix234 said...
what is the video called?

writeamongthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:08 pm :
lol I found it. It's called Crying over Justin Bieber. I typed in crying justin bieber mall to youtube and it was the first one.

glub123 said...
OMG!!! WOW!!!! I would feel the same way as your friend. I would also chase him. I would never call my mom when i saw someone famous, especially JUSTIN BIEBER.

dreamwritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:08 pm:
LOL! I seriously just found it on youtube and watched it :P

raju said...
May 23, 2011 at 12:20 am:
...other girls would die if they get a peek at jb...i wonder if i'll do the same?....no, its too embarassing..

Krissy S. said...
May 5, 2011 at 9:44 am:
If justin bieber is your friend on twitter or facebook then that is probably someone actiing like him even though he says he is justin bieber it is probably someone on the  other side of the computer talking to you. im just letting you know that

Krissy S. replied...
May 5, 2011 at 9:48 am :
sorry i didnt read the whole thing just the top part but now that i have read the whole thing i think im going to watch the video too

Laura B. said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm:
i am a die hard bieber fan and this story is hilarious.ill watch the video on youtube.lol.i wonder what i would do if i saw jb???

HopeForever said...

I'm not a fan on bieber, and i don't listen to his stuff, but i do admire him for what he's accomplished in such a short amount of time.

I hate the haters and the obsessors, if that makes any sense. :P

M_IMLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm :
It does make sense to hate haters/obsessors. I mean, he's just a guy, right? If you don't personally know him and he's never done anything bad to you, there's no reason to hate him or obsess about him.

raju replied...
May 23, 2011 at 12:26 am :
jb...jb...he's just a human being..like us..i don't know why people obsess over him..i mean his songs are good but lets not embarrass ouselves...he must be laughing at us now...i'm just saying...

brookiecookie17 said...
omg!!! i would die if i saw justin bieber in a mall i would chase him to china to c him!!!

tabb202 replied...
Jan. 16, 2011 at 5:13 pm :
omg i would so be like ur friend Hollynn . me and my bff are kinda like u too my bff would be u and i would be hollynn screaming and crying over him

JustinBieberGirl14 replied...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 11:21 am :
When i met Justin, i acted like you but i was thinking like your friend.  He is sooooo cute and i love him and its so cool that he was at your mall!

Secrect214 said...
That is amazing that you almost like got to meet him! I personally have not quite an obsession. but i do really like Justin Bieber.  its a secrect my friends think i would be just like you were in the story. and i would be inf i was around my friends. But if i wasn't i would be like ur friend, Hollynn. hahaha :) sssshhhh!

ke123 said...
i don't like justin but that's just my opinion, my sister is NUTS over him!!!!!!!!!

sallysunshine said...
i dont reely like him but i kind of do like him