My Road of Life

My road of life started seventeen years ago. For me since that kind of seems like a long time ago, I don’t remember all of my childhood. However, I do know that I had an amazing family, a wonderful home, an older sister to help take care of me, and basically all that I could need and ever want. As I have gotten older, the road of life has taken a drastic change. Since I could relate my life to so many types of roads, my feelings and thoughts will combine a few of them. Starting in fifth grade I would say the road got a little rocky. Parents having issues, jealous elementary friends, and I had my first, very painful kidney stone. As years went on, up until seventh or eighth grade, it was still somewhat of a rocky ride but it seemed to be a little more rough. Now in high school, ninth grade started good and I believed I was on a new straight path headed to the day I graduated. So much for that; as a senior, I look back and realize (even as I now live through it still), that my past three years of my life’s road has really been a crazy one. It’s had everything from circles, to ups and downs, to back and forth, and all around just a bumpy ride. It’s not the most comforting thing to relate yourself to a road because you really have to go deep and analyze what your life is really like. At the same time, you are given the view of other paths that you could be on and your goal could be to head straight in those directions. Even though things lately haven’t been as good as I would like, I know if I hang in there I can create my own path in the right way to get back on track.

Dr. Richards said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 11:06 am
This is a very vivid way of describing someone's life, very descriptive, animated, and good usage of figurative language! Thanks

HPettit replied...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:46 am
Thank you so much!