Living | Teen Ink

Living

November 23, 2010
By eden17 BRONZE, Cottage Grove, MN, Minnesota
eden17 BRONZE, Cottage Grove, MN, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Living life to the fullest, no matter what age. My cousin, Banna, and I understand that saying perfectly. We’re always amused when we hang out with each other! It doesn’t matter where we are, we just enjoy being insane. Our absurd times together end up as lasting memories to look back on.

One day, Banna and I were sick with boredom. I was 5 while she was 4. The sun was burning like a wild fire in a forest. We both had nothing to do.

“What should we do?” asks Banna

“Lets go walking!” I bursted out

We both agreed to go walking. We headed out of the house without permission. As we started walking, I thought of a greater idea!


“Hey Banna, let’s go to your brothers school!” I shouted

“Ok!” she bursted out with excitement

We raced even faster. After a couple of minutes, we arrived at the school. Then, we saw a window. I glanced through and could see Banna’s brother! So we knocked on the window. Trying to get his attention took a while. Finally, he saw us. He didn’t appear cheerful.

“What are you doing?!” he mouthed

“Hi!” we both shouted

Later, his class was released for recess. As young as we are, we didn’t know any better. Banna’s brother squealed at us. Soon, his class was sent back inside. Banna and I played on the playground.

Soon after, I recognized a car pull up. As the man got out, I realized it was my father! His facial expression looked furious. He dragged us back to his vehicle. Later, he took us home.

I will never forget this day. Even though we got in trouble, we still had a blast! I’m not encouraging to disobey rules. I am trying to get out that you should have enjoyable time, without trying to start a problem. No regrets about this day. If I changed my mind and sat at home doing nothing, I would have never remembered this day. Whenever I think back on this memory, I get a good laugh. A wonderful day with Banna that I will never forget, and many more to come!