Heartbreak at its Best | Teen Ink

Heartbreak at its Best

November 19, 2010
By molld BRONZE, New Sweden, Maine
molld BRONZE, New Sweden, Maine
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The cold truth set in as he realized he lost the one person he ever loved. He betrayed himself, and as the little pieces of their hearts lay on the ground, he knew there was no way to fix it. He had no way to bind their hearts together again. He thought that overtime, their shattered hearts would heal by themselves, and soon enough, they would be reunited again. As the days carried on, her absence tortured him, and every day that passed by the pain and misery grew worse. He finally believed all those wise quotes and how you don't know what you have 'till it's gone. He was a living example of self destruction, and the only person he could blame was himself. And oh, how she loved him. She gave everything she had to that man, and he used it against her. And he committed adultery; but for what reasons? The perfect person for him had been there all along, and he took her for granted. And all the days that dragged on, every waking moment in which he lived without her.. he was never the same. He would wake up grumpy and angry and motionless. And it wasn't that she completed him, but she gave him hope. His belief in God faded away, his purpose and determination to face life every day had vanished. At night when he would rest his head on his pillow, tears would stream down his face & every night he would realize that he could not go on without her. And one morning, when he woke up, she was sleeping on the other side of the bed. His beautiful, loving, caring girlfriend was right next to him. He realized that all of the heartache and suffering had been a part of a dreadful nightmare, in which he knew would never come true.


The author's comments:
Never, never, take anything for granted.