+POSITIVE+ | Teen Ink

+POSITIVE+

By mamideanaya BRONZE, Ferndale, Washington
mamideanaya BRONZE, Ferndale, Washington

You know how in school you have to worry about so much like doing your homework turning it in on time and passing all your tests. Well for some teenagers you end up having to worry about more than that. On any test I have taken I have always wanted to pass, but the test I took on April 20 2009 was the only test that any teenager wants to fail. After taking the test I was impatiently waiting to receive my results. Although I knew that I was going to pass it I was just wishing and hoping that I would fail. Those five minutes were the longest five minutes of my life which the results ended up changing my life completely.

Positive was what I saw, which means I passed the test in a way. For most people a positive is a good thing, well at least for older women who want to start a family but for a teenager it is what you don’t want. My heart raced when I saw the positive because I know knew I was responsible for someone else. The thoughts that ran through my mind where can I really do this especially by myself, I already have so much to worry about like school, sports, clubs……..being a teenager.

I had no idea how I was going to tell my parents I knew they were going to flip out, but any normal parent would react that way obviously. At first I thought about keeping it a secret for awhile just avoid telling them for awhile, but I knew I would probably start showing soon and getting the symptoms so they would figure it out. I told my mom she was very disappointed in me but the damage was done. The hardest part was my dad but I didn’t even have to tell him he found out by other people which I have no idea how when no one knew but apparently I looked pregnant. My father was very mad he kicked me out of the house therefore I went to live with my mother.

Ughhh I remember having to wake up every morning to get ready for school I hated it I had horrible morning sickness, headaches, and I was always tired but with time it only got worse and even more uncomfortable. I remember when I was about 61/2 months pregnant I couldn’t even fit in the desks it was so embarrassing. I also ate like a pig no joke I would take my friends lunch well at least whatever they didn’t finish maybe that’s why I couldn’t fit in the desks so early in the pregnancy.

I spent the end of my sophomore year and the beginning of my junior year pregnant. for the rest of my life I’m a mom. Being a teen mom is very difficult but it has made me and shaped me into the person I’m today because it made me grow up fast, be responsible, and not think just for myself. Also having her made me wake up and go to school and make me want to graduate and get a good career because I want to give my daughter a good life. I want her to be proud of me.
Now that I have my daughter I literally cannot picture myself without her. She is incredible I could be having one of the worst days but just looking at her or seeing her smile totally changes the way I feel. When I look at her all I think is it was worth it but, I want better for her and not to make the same mistake as I did because I had to work harder than a normal teenager

This is a personal experience about when i found out i was pregnant with my daughter ( the pregnancy test came out positive)

on Apr. 22 2011 at 1:00 pm
well everything is going great i love being a mom my daughter is now 16 months, she is so smart and she amazes me everyday. i have a copy of this story to show her whn she gets older i have many more other than this one

on Nov. 30 2010 at 6:41 pm
PoetryButterfly123, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"When your time comes to face one of life's obstacles, stay positive about it and prepare yourself for the big jump over it, because being negative about it is just gonna make it a hell of a lot harder to get one leg over it." - Me

how is everything going?