The Ultimate All Purpose Excuse | Teen Ink

The Ultimate All Purpose Excuse

By ginger6520 GOLD, Mariposa, California
ginger6520 GOLD, Mariposa, California

Your soul is like bread unleavened
Your soul belongs to the Lord of Heaven

You know that feeling. It is like you forgot something. It is almost like you got a brick on top of you. I just had that feeling and I knew exactly what it was I did not watch the chickens. Normally remembering what you forget is a relief. Today, the opposite was true. The pressure would not stop building. That was soon evident to me. That unless Coach made a game plan change, that the Browns would not make it to the Super Bowl. It appeared to me that the candy bar wrapper was coming off before I reached the checkout. I made a quick correction the south-east increasing the speed to 230 knots. I radioed my squadron telling that then that the deuce would be dropped ahead of schedule. My last contact was to remain in formation and I would make my way to port John on a solo mission. Nearly reaching Cousin Lou, the gopher was playing an intense game of peek-a-boo. I was sure that he was going to win when I rounded the last corner, relief was finally in sight. Finally plopping down on The Throne, I landed that eagle in a fashion even the pilots of the Air Force would be proud of. I will not go into details but you could say Touchdown was “Splashtacular.” After making such giant leaps for man that were only small steps for mankind, I was understandably exhausted. The following recovery was one typical to there near death experiences. I hurried it along as best as I could but I was a minute late and a load short.

This was writing for my writing portfolio in English Class. We were supposed to come up with an excuse as to why we were late to English